Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Is Celebrity Gossip A Joke?

When my best friend, Vicki, and I were discussing celebrity gossip, she said, "I always think that I am just reading the most ridiculous thing...and then I find out it's always true!"

I think that this is one of the reasons that I am interested in celebrity gossip and why addiction is unavoidable. It starts as a simple interest. The more absurd things you hear, the more curious you become. You HAVE to find out if the vicious rumor is true! Could it be true that Jennifer Lopez is pregnant with twins (YES) and who is the baby daddy of 16-year old Jamie Lynn Spears?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you have a point here. But you (or rather, your friend vicki) can't forget all the occasions when a piece of celeb gossip turned out to be untrue, sometimes even gaining urban legend status.
I remember the other year, hering that actor Jaleel White (aka Steve Urkel) killed himself by drug overdose, leaving a note in his pocket that read "did I do that?"
...blasphemy!