Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Why Celebrity Gossip?

As I started compiling my work for this assignment, I wondered "Why am I so into Celebrity Gossip"?

The only answer that I can think of is that it serves as an escape. When I have midterms, papers, and stresses that go along with being a student, I need something to get my mind off all of it and relax. For some people, this might come in the form of a bubble bath, reading trashy romance novels, or listening to music.

My outlet to get away is to read as much celebrity gossip as possible. I know this may seem silly to many people out there, but it is a legitimate interest. It makes me not think about my own stresses and to watch celebrities' unfold. The internet has definitely made my addiction much easier to feed. With websites being updated so frequently, there is a newfound desire to be the first to know about celebrities and who broke up, is making up, or is pregnant!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just linked to you in my newest entry. So you should really go to my blog and leave a comment on it. =P
I think it's true about the 'escape' thing, by the way.